Sr. Battery Data Scientist
Company: Rivian Automotive
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: September 22, 2022
- Build machine learning models to provide valuable estimations
and predictions to the product and the user. Interface closely with
the battery experts
engineers to define features & metrics from the domain
- Work with vehicle telemetry data at scale to provide
insightonthe battery health, performance, and powertrain efficiency
of Rivian products
- Work with battery scientists to improve state of health
estimation for batteries based on field data models.
- Develop statistical and machine learning models for predicting
and forecasting field failures, cell chemistry variations, battery
health degradation and how various driving behaviors affect battery
performance for safety and drivability.
- Build scalablefull stack infrastructure and data pipelines
toaggregate telemetry and service datain order to monitor and
predict failures in the field.
- Research and development of multivariate models for prognostics
applications, predictive maintenance, and battery state of health
estimation, battery health coaching.
- Run cloud-based data models to assist improving battery power
and energy estimation based on current, voltage and temperature
data points across various drive cycles and geographies.
- Work with embedded systems engineers to bring cloud-based data
models to run on embedded systems.
- Must have 3 or more years of industry experience in a data
science or software engineering role or Masters/PhD. Level of role
depends on experience and qualifications.
- Ideally 3-5 years' experience in battery domain, focusing on
hardware and engineering
- Experience working with data in Apache Spark, Pythonand
- Strong fundamentals in software engineering with
- Understanding ofstatisticaland machine learning
- Datavisualizationandcommunicationbest practices
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS with
- Programminginmultiplelanguages, such
- Experience with battery prognostics and health
- Working knowledge of mathematical or advanced machine learning
- Experience with reinforcement learning
Keywords: Rivian Automotive, Palo Alto , Sr. Battery Data Scientist, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!