Financial Reporting Consultant - Workday Success Plans
Company: Workday, Inc.
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When
our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an
idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we
began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture.
A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people
first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution
of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a
healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential
mix of ingredients for success in business. That's why we look
after our people, communities and the planet while still being
profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you
don't need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the
passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter
work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our
growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a
brighter work day here.
About the Team
The Workday Success Plans Team are all about our customers and
their post Go-Live journey - we create programs to help them drive
business value from their Workday applications. The team is
responsible for delivering a variety of programs and services to
our customers ranging from feature demonstrations to full feature
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to
what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single
enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do.
But we like to have fun, too! We put people first, celebrate
diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where
we live and work.
About the Role
Would you enjoy learning new things in a fast paced environment? Do
you have an appetite for variety and challenging business problems
to solve? Are you a great communicator who can clearly articulate
and demonstrate the value of Workday solutions to our
The Workday Success Plans team works directly with customers
through targeted micro consulting engagements to help solve their
business needs using the Workday application. Responsible for
acting as a trusted Workday advisor, you will have the opportunity
to assist customers with how-to questions, troubleshoot and guide
customers through configuration, and provide feature
demonstrations. As a Workday Financials Reporting expert, customers
will benefit from your knowledge as you share your experience,
identify key considerations, and highlight standard
This role supports Workday customers in North America and EMEA.
Our team of professionals have a broad and deep understanding of
Workday, and enjoy the reward of helping customers solve problems,
learn about new features, and find greater value in their Workday
investment. So if you are passionate about the value technology can
bring to an organization, love learning, and want to work directly
with some of the greatest companies on the planet, bring your
energy and teamwork to the Workday Success Plans team!
Primary responsibilities of this role include delivering various
services to Workday Success Plans customers. To be successful, this
* Conducting research to ensure understanding of customer questions
and related Workday concepts.
* Delivering small scope consulting in response to customer
requests; providing configuration guidance, demonstrations,
considerations, tips & tricks.
* Troubleshooting product configuration to resolve or provide
optimal product configuration to meet customer business
* Clearly and effectively communicating responses and value to
* Creating and delivering customer presentations on how to use
Workday features to achieve business goals (Accelerator
* Providing one-on-one consulting guidance to accelerate customer
feature adoption (Feature Accelerator).
* Reviewing customer tenants to identify adoption opportunities
(Feature Adoption Tenant Reviews).
* Completing and maintaining product expertise and Workday
Certification(s) along with familiarity with Workday roadmap.
* Keeping up to date with industry practices and the ability to
engage with our customers on those topics.
* Helping drive the creation of new programs to drive customer
In addition to delivering Workday Success Plans services, our
Workday professionals will also deliver other Customer Enablement
services, such as:
* Office Hours to conduct appointment-based consulting engagements
providing guidance and product expertise to customers
* Perform configuration and business requirements reviews with a
detailed deliverable calling out opportunities for optimization
* Provide one-on-one customer configuration designs
* Deployments including full deployment of Workday features
* Ability to travel up to 20%
Basic Qualifications (must haves):
* 3+ years of IT implementation experience
* 3+ years of experience with Workday Financial Reporting
(composite reporting, building out reports, etc.)
* 2+ years of software consulting experience.
* Workday Certification in at least one of the following: Workday
Financials, Workday Reporting
* Ability to gain a thorough understanding of Workday concepts as
new features are released
* Ability to distill complex concepts into understandable
presentations for our customers
* Ability to multitask and work on multiple engagements and
* Strong critical thinking skills so as to understand complex,
technical process issues and facilitate/influence decision
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience required. Advanced
As a federal contractor, Workday is requiring all new hires to
verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 within 72
hours of beginning employment with Workday, consistent with
applicable law. Workday is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates who are not vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious
belief, medical reasons, or other legally-protected reason should
contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explore what, if any,
reasonable accommodations or exemptions Workday is able to
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for
employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your
connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!
Keywords: Workday, Inc., Palo Alto , Financial Reporting Consultant - Workday Success Plans, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!