Enterprise Application DBA Lead
Company: College of Charleston
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The expected pay range for this position is $167,000 - $170,000
per annum. Stanford University provides pay ranges representing its
good faith estimate of what the university reasonably expects to
pay for a position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be
determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope
and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the
selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal
equity, geographic location and external market pay for comparable
jobs. JOB PURPOSE: Provide technical leadership and management for
the planning, support, and administration of databases and related
software on premise and on cloud platforms with minimal guidance.
Take responsibility for data protection and integrity. CORE
- Develop, implement, and lead critical projects with high
consequences for success or failure.
- Evaluate technical strategies for projects, collect hardware
and software requirements, and recommend solutions to complex
application / database administration problems.
- Oversee the design, performance, optimization, backup and
recovery strategies, and implementation of the SaaS, IaaS and cloud
systems in addition to managing on-prem systems.
- Introduce new tools and automation to augment and/or replace
- Propose and implement enhancements that will improve the most
complex performance issues and/or reliability of the system.
- Demonstrate expert analysis to troubleshoot and provide
resolutions of complex issues. Formulate and monitor policies,
procedures, and standards relating to IaaS, SaaS, database
management and security.
- Assign and oversee the work of other DBAs and act as a
consultant and advisor to management and other technical support
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of existing IT
architecture / infrastructure and technology portfolio.
- Develop and manage an infrastructure capacity plan. MINIMUM
REQUIREMENTS: Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree and ten
years of relevant experience or a combination of education and
relevant experience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate Cloud Infrastructure experience including but not
limited to AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Demonstrate experience in Network Security and Network
- Expert level skills in all aspects of database administration
and IaaS platforms.
- Knowledge of various database systems including but not limited
to RDBMS, Cloud DB, NoSQL
- Ability to script proficiently using Unix Shell, Python for
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and
- Proven experience in systems design and development.
- Expert level understanding of information processing principles
- Expert level grounding in core enterprise applications.
- Demonstrate a full-stack infrastructure development as
- Expert technical knowledge of current systems software,
protocols, and standards.
- Expert knowledge of programming languages and hands-on
experience with application development tools.
- Expert knowledge of hardware and software evaluation principles
- Proven project planning and management experience, including
ability to manage people.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving
- Exceptional understanding of the organization's goals and
- Experience with the CI/CD is a plus. *The job duties listed are
typical examples of work performed by positions in this job
classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and
responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary
depending on department or program needs without changing the
general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility.
Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. *Consistent
with its obligations under law, the University will provide
reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who
requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or
her job. *Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4763
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: L
- Requisition ID: 99260
- Work Arrangement : Hybrid Eligible
Keywords: College of Charleston, Palo Alto , Enterprise Application DBA Lead, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!