Service Desk Technician
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: March 26, 2020
MetricStream is the world's No. 1 independent GRC SaaS platform
simplifying Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) for modern and
digital enterprises, and empowering enterprises and organizations
worldwide to perform with integrity. Our market-leading enterprise
and cloud Apps for GRC enable organizations to strengthen risk
management, regulatory compliance, vendor governance, and quality
management while driving business performance.
Detailed Job Description:
As the Service Desk Technician, you will be responsible all aspects
of desktop and telephone systems administration. This includes
desktop system set-up, enhancement, and problem resolution, VoIP
telephone system administration and upgrades, as well as server and
network device account creation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides day-to-day technical support to employees for network
infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and
- Responsible for managing our service desk ticketing system
queue, and, respond with positive customer service experience.
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots desktop systems,
workstations, servers, and network issues in a heterogeneous
- Maintains passwords, data integrity, and file security for the
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new
acquisitions and upgrades.
- May participate in the development of information technology
and infrastructure projects.
- Supports server, network, and desktop-based software and
- May participate in technology needs analysis.
- Rolls out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of
- Responsible for keeping Asset Management database.
- Responsible for audit tasks (we are HIPPA, ISO-27001, and SOC-2
- Provides initial response and manages problem resolution
process for outages and problems.
- Manages escalation process to the Sr. Manager, Corporate
Engineering or System Admin.
- Additional projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associate's / Bachelor's degree (preferred) in Computer
Science, Management Information Systems or Business Administration;
supplemented with one or more courses in current technology, or,
equivalent solid strong experience in desktop support.
- Requires 3 to 5 years of experience in a desktop support role
in a small to medium sized company.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows server account administration
and desktop systems/software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of setting up and supporting remote
users (access and support).
- Demonstrated ability to support networked printers and
- Demonstrated working knowledge of server and desktop
- Ability to lead training sessions to introduce new employees to
IS services and support.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks
- Ability to provide task assignments and mentoring to entry
level desktop technicians.
- strong verbal and written communications.
Keywords: MetricStream, Palo Alto , Service Desk Technician, Professions , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!