Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: October 17, 2020
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton
has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As
recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk
management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means
moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here
tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that
are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Investigative Analyst conducts various analysis
and investigative services for a specific client within their
Investigations Center. The Analyst will complete all-source
research, gather pertinent data, review intelligence gaps, prepare
briefs, prepare case files and complete associated investigations
and reporting requirements. The position requires shift work.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are
required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of
company policies and procedures related to job safety, including
safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify
superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and
- Independently conduct investigations involving medium - high
levels of complexity.
- Establish and manage investigative files for all new cases,
including data input to keep files current.
- Conduct analysis and investigation services in a timely and
professional manner with special attention to quality and
- Conduct all-source collection and research, analyze, evaluate
and integrate data from multiple sources;
- Identify intelligence gaps, and specify collection
requirements, to produce assessments and recommendations.
- Prepare analyses, assessments, or other products by applying
expert judgment and specialized experience in interpreting
information and making decisions.
- Extract essential information and analysis from investigations
and intelligence products and synthesizes the information into
- Ensure compliance with all components of client contract
through appropriate measurements.
- Prepare case project plan and review with supervisor.
- Prepare and/or review all submitted analysis and investigative
reports to ensure accuracy, research and investigative sufficiency
and professional quality;
- Edit and correct, as necessary.
- Maintain a continued, positive relationship with the client
through appropriate contact and the anticipation of service
- Communicate all issues, related to the client relationship,
with the appropriate management personnel.
- Participate in designated training sessions/seminars and review
company training materials;
- Enhance professional competencies and ensure high quality
- Apply highly developed inductive reasoning skills to provide a
proactive approach to potential threats.
- Provide analysis to guide decision makers.
- Identify information/security gaps.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference,
depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment
screening process including drug testing and background
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, law enforcement, statistical
analysis, related field or a four year degree from a national
accredited program (any general science, research, social studies,
science or cultural studies) plus seven years related experience
(such as organized retail crime), or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Previous experience in national security or criminal
intelligence analysis involving the principles, concepts, and
methodologies of all-source intelligence analysis to research,
evaluate, and integrate all-source data in the preparation and
presentation of intelligence analytical products.
- Organized retail crime experience.
- Supply chain investigations experience, preferred.
- Corporate investigations experience, preferred.
- Tri-lingual skills; English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Strong interview/interrogation skills.
- Able to write detailed, accurate, complex investigative and
business correspondence and present information in one-on-one and
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Must be able to work under adverse and stressful conditions
with little or no supervision.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Sound judgment and discretion.
- Able to organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse
- Serve as an effective team member and leader.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization
- Able to implement changes to operations and external/internal
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and
mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In
addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, and/or behavioral
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to
communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting
of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Shift work including holidays, evenings, and weekends.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal
opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to
race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender,
gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal
status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion,
creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any
protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific
Keywords: Pinkerton, Palo Alto , Investigative Analyst, Professions , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!