Data Engineer- Management Consultant
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Sia Partners is a next generation consulting firm focused on
delivering superior value and tangible results to its clients as
they navigate the digital revolution. With over 1,650 consultants
in 16 countries, we will generate an annual turnover of USD 300
million for the current fiscal year. Our global footprint and our
expertise in more than 30 sectors and services allow us to enhance
our clients' businesses worldwide. We guide their projects and
initiatives in strategy, business transformation, IT & digital
strategy, and Data Science. As the pioneer of Consulting 4.0, we
develop consulting bots and integrate AI in our solutions. Job
Description Sia Partners is looking for a talented Data Engineer to
support our activities within the Data Science Business Unit. You
will be working alongside with our Data Science consultants and our
clients on Data Engineering topics, including creating relevant
data models, developing powerful data pipelines, exposing them
through various mechanisms including APIs, and using data
visualization tools to efficiently present data. You will also
support our--Heka --team which is our internal accelerator for Data
Science projects which includes a development framework, an
automated integration & continuous deployment service (CI/CD), and
a hosting & monitoring service for each project's platform. Within
the Heka team, you will actively contribute to the technological,
architectural and governance choices to meet the future challenges
of scale-up. Key Responsibilities--
- Partner with our client's leadership teams, engineers, program
managers and data analysts to understand data needs.
- Design, build and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines
transforming data into useful report ready datasets.
- Communicate at scale, through multiple mediums: presentations,
dashboards, client-wide datasets, bots and more.
- Use your data and analytics experience to 'see what's missing,'
identifying and addressing data gaps, build monitors to detect data
quality issues and partner to establish a self-serve
- Broad range of partners equates to a broad range of projects
and deliverables, including ML Models, datasets, measurements,
services, tools and process.
- Leverage data and business principles to automate data flow,
detect business exceptions, build diagnostic capabilities, and
improve both business and data knowledge base.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for your areas.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications--
- Previous Management Consulting experience required.--
- At least 5+ years of advanced SQL experience (including at
least one SQL DBMS and one noSQL).
- 4+ years of Python development experience.
- 3+ years of experience with workflow management engines (i.e.
Airflow, Luigi, Prefect, Dagster, digdag.io, Google Cloud Composer,
AWS Step Functions, Azure Data Factory, UC4, Control-M).
- 3+ years experience with Data Modeling.
- Experience analyzing data to discover opportunities and address
- 5+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and
- Experience working with cloud or on-prem Big Data/MPP analytics
platform (i.e. Netezza, Teradata, AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery,
Azure Data Warehouse, or similar). Preferred Experience--with:
- Experience with more than one coding language.
- Knowledge of Docker, CI/CD pipelines, and Kubernetes.
- Experience in designing and implementing real-time
- Experience with data quality and validation.
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and e2e process
- Experience with anomaly/outlier detection.
- Experience with notebook-based Data Science workflow.
Additional Information This is an opportunity to join a rapidly
growing team that serves some of the most exciting and highly
respected companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to
provide clients with original thinking and customized solutions and
you'll often have the satisfaction of seeing the impact of your
work on their business. We are committed to a healthy work-life
integration. We do serve our clients globally and if interested,
there are opportunities for international mobility.
- Generous PTO, including Parental leave
- Healthcare that includes dental and vision, life insurance and
- Career advocacy program that supports achieving personal
development goals through coaching, collaboration and real-time
- Robust learning and development platform through the Sia
Institute, 360 Learning App, Sia Blend App, working groups, US
Training Sessions, and reimbursement for continuing education and
- Annual Seminar/a value add experience to network with your
colleagues across North America and other regions
- Opportunities for geographic mobility if desired
- Work directly with clients Still Interested? Tell Us About
- Academic successes
- Consulting / Agency experience
- Data supported success stories
- Growth from failure
- Tools and training
- Cross-functional experience
- Extracurriculars Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
(DEIB) are part of Sia Partners' DNA. Thanks to our expertise in
several sectors and our international growth, our teams include a
variety of experiences and cultures. We're confident that promoting
DEIB creates an environment in which everyone can reach their full
potential.-- Our global network, DEIB@Sia Partners, brings together
our people worldwide to facilitate local and global progress,
focused on the following areas:
- Gender equality (global Gender Equality Index score of 91/100
- Working Parents--
- Disabilities We are an equal opportunity employer that values
collective diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. Our goal is
to develop a work environment where everyone feels safe to be their
authentic self and valued as part of the Sia Village. All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
*Candidates must be located within commute distance of one of our
three West Coast offices, San Francisco, Seattle and Denver.--
Keywords: Siapartners, Palo Alto , Data Engineer- Management Consultant, Professions , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!