Staff Business Systems Analyst
Company: Guardant Health
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Guardant Health is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics and
the first company to commercialize a comprehensive genomic liquid
biopsy. Our proprietary digital sequencing technology is
transforming cancer treatment by providing an accurate and precise
picture of the individual genomic alterations that cause tumors to
grow, change, and develop resistance to treatment. We have combined
decades of scientific research, advances in laboratory technology,
and our breakthrough innovation in liquid biopsy to create new
tests that have already handled tens of thousands of samples. We
believe our tests can accelerate new drug development and improve
the lives of all patients fighting cancer. Our current products are
just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish, and new uses of
our platform are emerging.
We succeed best by coordinating our creative talents and energies,
working as a team to achieve results far beyond what any single
individual could accomplish. We seek very talented people who want
to be part of our fantastic team.
We are hiring a Staff Business System Analyst to join our Data
Platform team. Your main tasks will include engaging with the
business users on new and existing projects, performing detailed
requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some
user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role you should have a
natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult
concepts to non-technical users. Looking for a go-getter and
self-starter who can work in a challenging environment with minimal
- Collaborate with business architects and cross functional teams
to define the roadmap, prioritize projects and enhancement
requests, analyze business benefits and/or operational
efficiencies, map business processes and implement creative and
- Define and prioritize requirements, translate requirements into
system functions, understand application configurations and
customizations which can complete the solutions.
- Present and articulate business problems through technical
solutions in Salesforce
- Define current state and future state roadmap and uncover gaps
in Salesforce best practices
- Facilitate sign-off to ensure alignment and acquire
confirmation of integration requirements
- Lead discovery workshops, which includes the facilitation of
large audiences, solution presentations, and prototype
- Work closely with Finance, Sales, Marketing, Operations and
other cross functional organizations to capture requirements,
examine existing business models and flows of data, document and
present findings and craft appropriate IT solution, act as the
liaison between the technical leads, the business, and the
- Facilitate integration and user acceptance testing including
documentation of test scenarios and provide oversight of test
execution for projects
- Facilitate the ongoing backlog grooming process, supporting the
Product Owner to define value, priority, and select scope for
upcoming releases and sprints.
- Work closely with business and facilitate UAT and Test Strategy
creation, actively participate with SQA for stable product and
robust test case creation.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred preferably in Computer Science,
Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry
- Five (5)+ years of experience as a Business Analyst/ Solution
- 3+ years of Salesforce and Integrations experience
- Good documentation practices to help capture requirements
accurately, track changes, report defects and promote continuous
- Experience with the Integration platforms like Mulesoft, Boomi
is a plus
- Knowledge on story grooming, functional analysis,
storyboarding, use case scenario and user persona creation, process
- Experience with Agile methodology management tools a plus (e.g.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving, communication skill
and presentation skills to C Suite level audiences with meeting
planning and facilitation skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, identify what needs
to be done and do it with limited direction and oversight.
- Salesforce certification is a plus.
- Proficiency with agile or lean development practices.
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health
will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a)
establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or
(b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant's
COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation, as
consistent with applicable laws. An employee is considered fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second
dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose
vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency
use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition,
fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their
fully-vaccinated status under this policy by obtaining, if
applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use
office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a
desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high
noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory
environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a
position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review
our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at:
Keywords: Guardant Health, Palo Alto , Staff Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!