Hair Color Technician
Company: Juut Midwest, Inc.
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: November 19, 2022
POSITION: Hair Color TechnicianSUPERVISOR: Salon Manager
Location: Palo Alto, CA Color Technician Job SummaryThe role of the
color specialist is to provide guests with excellent service and to
provide services such as shampooing, coloring, perming, and styling
of hair. Some color specialists may do services such as extensions
and special occasion hair based on their training. In addition, the
specialist will educate the salon guest in all areas of product
knowledge and styling techniques. They will also live and
demonstrate the Juut Guiding Principles and Beliefs, utilize these
in the performance of their job, and will be a Daymaker in every
moment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Color
- Provide exceptional customer service to each guest by educating
them on all products and services offered in the salon and by
providing each one with a pressure point experience prior to
starting hair services.
- Shampoo, rinse, condition and dry hair and scalp or hairpieces
with water, shampoo, or other solutions.
- Color, perm and style hair or hairpiece, based on guest
instructions, hair type, facial features and skin tone using combs,
clips, foils, and perm rods.
- Apply water, setting, straightening, color or waving solutions
to hair and use blow dryers, heat tools or other curling products
to style guest's hair.
- Recommend appropriate products available for sale in the salon
to allow guests to duplicate results at home, as well as give the
guest a complete experience.
- Keep workstations clean and sanitize tools such as scissors and
- Continue to develop new coloring and styling techniques.
- Take advantage of educational opportunities provided by Juut,
ensuring minimum education requirements as posted are met, to
maximize potential and future growth and success.
- Be open to coaching and feedback from management and
- Update and maintain customer information records, such as
beauty services provided.
- Cleaning and upkeep duties of salon as assigned by Salon
- Work together as a salon team in a positive, respectful, and
impactful way. Juut offers a variety of benefits for you & your
- Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k + % match
- On-going education
- Employee assistance program
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- 50% employee discountEducational Requirements:
- Current cosmetology license in the state you will be working.
Physical Requirements:While performing the duties of this job, the
employee will be required to:
- Walk, sit, bend and squat
- Talk and listen to clients and coworkers
- Grab, pull or bend items
- Lift and/or carry up to 10 lbs.
- View items at a close or distant range
- Stand for extended periods of time Working Conditions:
- Retail salon environment Note: Job Descriptions are not
exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts
associated with a position. They reflect principal job elements
essential for performing the job and evaluating performance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than as "at will" relationship. PI195984275
Keywords: Juut Midwest, Inc., Palo Alto , Hair Color Technician, Professions , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!