Company: ReCor Medical
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 20, 2022
About ReCor MedicalReCor Medical, headquartered in Palo Alto,
CA, is an innovative medical technology company focused on
transforming the management of hypertension, the leading
cardiovascular risk factor in the world. ReCor has pioneered the
innovative, minimally invasive use of ultrasound in renal
denervation to lower blood pressure in patients with hypertension.
The company is focused on investing in high quality product
development efforts, as well as rigorous clinical studies to create
a strong foundation for future clinical adoption.
ReCor Medical is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otsuka Medical
Devices Co., Ltd. Otsuka Medical Devices focuses on the global
development and commercialization of endovascular therapies that
provide new therapeutic options in areas where patient needs cannot
be met through pharmaceutical treatment. Otsuka Medical Devices
Co., Ltd. is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd., a leading
global healthcare group listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (JP
4578). With operations in pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, medical
devices and other health-related businesses, the group generated
worldwide sales of approximately US$13 billion in the fiscal year
ending December 2021 and has a market capitalization of app. US$19
Position SummaryThe Patent Agent will be a key member of the
Intellectual Property Team of ReCor Medical, Inc. The Intellectual
Property Department provides centralized legal services and support
for ReCor Medical and its affiliates and subsidiaries worldwide.
This individual will report to and work under the supervision of
ReCor Medical's Senior Director of Intellectual Property and will
provide patent-related expertise and support to the business upon
request. The main focus of this position will be to assist in
building ReCor Medical's patent portfolio by capturing invention
disclosures, preparing patent applications, and responding to
This position is based in Palo Alto. This is opportunity may be
considered for remote work with travel to Palo Alto.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the Senior IP Counsel and R&D and Clinical teams
to harvest patenting opportunities.
- Prepare and/or review invention disclosures for
- Prepare and prosecute patent applications, while collaborating
with engineers and scientists.
- Actively manage outside counsel on preparation of patents and
- Assist the Senior IP Counsel and the IP Legal Team in preparing
for and running Patent Review Committee meetings.
- Conduct patent searching to assist in product development,
right to use / freedom to operate (FTO) matters; and identify and
evaluate potential infringement concerns.
- Conduct patent landscape searching as requested to assist the
IP Legal Team in providing recommendations and guidance to the
- Assist with patent-related IP due diligence support, including
patent-related IP support to facilitate M&A activities.
- Conduct competitive intelligence, review and analyze
competitive watch reports.
- Technical analysis of competitor products for possible patent
- Support oppositions, post-grant challenges, licensing matters,
- 5+ years of experience in drafting, prosecuting, and managing
patent applications, preferably focused on medical devices.
- Demonstrated experience in helping to build a patent
- Ability to provide critical thinking, creativity, and project
management, with attention to detail and demonstrated ability for
- Ability to interact effectively with engineers and scientists
at a highly proficient technical level, including a knowledge of
the terminology and technical landscape.
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and
ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and be appropriately
assertive to challenge concepts and inspire innovation.
- Self-starter able to work independently and take the initiative
to drive projects successfully to completion.
- Outstanding writing skills as demonstrated by original writing
samples of patent applications, prosecution submissions,
memorandums, and other communications.
- Highest standards of ethics, professional integrity and
- Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related
- USPTO Patent Agent Registration.
- Writing samples will be requested.
Equal Employment Opportunity At ReCor Medical, we value bringing
together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and
innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer
we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity
or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
E-mail resume to HR: Careers@recormedical.com
Keywords: ReCor Medical, Palo Alto , Patent Agent, Sales , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!